Saturday, January 2, 2016

Interview with an Awesome Dad – Renaldo Scopelleti

Name:                                  Renaldo Scopelleti
Twitter:                                @renscope27
Kids (age):                           Catherine, 21 & Guillaume, 25

What is the best part of being a father?
I’d say that it is always being available for them and always being honest with them.

What are the most important qualities you want to teach your children? Why?
Honesty and respect for others. Why? Because it’s the base of all good relationships, whether it is love or friendship. You have to know how to respect others if you want to be respected.

What is your best quality as a dad (What makes you an Awesome Dad)? What do you want to work on?
Being there for them and always ready to listen.
According to my kids, I need to work on my impulsivity. I must say that I agree with them!

Favorite activity with your children?
With my son, it is going to watch sporting events.
With my daughter, it’s going to work out at the gym.

Best moment as a dad?
Seeing the respectful and responsible adults that they have become!

If you could give ONE piece of advice to someone who is about to become a father, what would it be?
Don’t be scared to say ‘I love you’.

Do you have any fatherhood role models? Who and why?
I’ve always been inspired by my uncle because he was always there for me. I do my best to always be there for my kids.

What is your biggest fear as a father?
Despite the fact that my wife and I have gone through a rollercoaster of emotions regarding the health of both our kids at different times during their lives, my biggest fear as a father would be learning that they would have more health issues.

Fast forward 20 years. What would you want your child to say about you as a dad when they look back at their childhood?
That I was there for them during the good and bad times.

BONUS!! Here are some words from Renaldo’s kids, Guillaume and Catherine, who explain, in their own words why their dad is an Awesome Dad!

Catherine: He is an Awesome Dad simply because he loves us so much. He always knew how to stay strong during the tough times. He shows us, every single day, just how proud he is of us and he is always there to support us in anything we decide to do.


Guillaume:  My father showed me to always be responsible, respectful and staying true to our word. He supports us and offers his help. He is always ready to be our taxi if we go out to a bar. He helps me in everything and offers fantastic advice. I’m 25 years old and we still play on my PS4 2-3 times a week. My best memories with him are when we go watch a Soccer game at Saputo Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment